Sunday, June 29, 2008

C'est la vie en Paris!

Paris in 5 hours? No problem with Kate and Sarah! We had a little train layover in Paris so we locked up our luggage and went on a quest to view the Eiffel Tower. We weaved our way around streets, saw the Notre Dame, walked on the Pont Neuf (which wasn't really all it was hyped up to be), and glimpsed the outside of the Louvre and those awesome triangle sculptures. We finally got to the Eiffel Tower and it really was majestic. The line to go up was wayyyy too long so we just walked underneath and then to a patch of grass in front to ogle at it.

I really think the only reason I would return is to see the inside of the Louvre. Paris to me feels about as impersonal as NYC. Also I guess it's because I don't know the language either and it's touristy.

Evaluations
Since I was here only 5 hours, I don't have much to report. It was all so rushed that I didn't have time to sample the good food or coffee. And we all know the French language is fun to listen to. Anyway, I'm in Madrid today and Bordeaux, France is tomorrow so maybe I'll have more to report. Adios!

1 comment:

KristyD said...

Yeah. I want to see your Madrid write-up. No pressure to give it a thumbs-up or anything, aside from the fact that I will cry if you write, "En conclusión, Madrid está bien, pero no SUPERbien... solamente 'okay'... nada mucho. No creo que me gustaría volver."